What to Expect
WHAT’S A SERVICE LIKE?
Welcome to First Baptist Church of Metuchen! Every Sunday we gather together at three different times for worship: 8:30AM, 11:00AM, and 6:00PM. Our worship services typically last about an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Music: worship music is theologically rich and spiritually riveting
- Sharing: It’s important to hear how God is working in our lives
- Scripture: We typically preach through the Bible book-by-book
- Relevance: Messages connect God’s truth with our everyday lives
- Prayer: It’s how the impossible becomes possible in Christ
- Celebration: We remember Jesus’ work in communion and baptism
- Jesus: Everything we do is meant to bring glory to Him
TIME FOR CLASS?
A variety of Sunday School classes are available from 9:45-10:45am. Whether you have young children, are a young professional, or are an empty nester in the prime years of your life, there is a place for you. Stop by early to grab some coffee, bagels, and pastries for breakfast and chat with some of our church family before classes start. Click here for Sunday School classes.
DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Children’s programs are available during Sunday School and our 11:00AM service.
- Nursery: newborn – 3 years old
- Sunday School and Junior Church: 3 years old – 5th grade
- Sunday School Only: Junior and Senior High School
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
It’s not about what we look like here; it’s all about Jesus. Dress in whatever you are comfortable with. Most people are dressed in anything from casual to more formal attire. Here is what you might see:
- T-shirts and jeans = common and accepted
- Suits, ties, and dresses = common and accepted
- Spacesuits = Not so common, but accepted
Our church family is made up of people from dozens of different nations, all meeting together to bring glory to God and the message of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth.
WANT TO GO DEEPER?
Looking for a chance to meet people and study the bible in depth? Our small groups are just the place for you:
- Every day of the week: You can find a day that works for you
- In local homes and at the church: You can find one close to home
- Centers for real ministry: You’ll encounter spiritual growth, fellowship, outreach, and caring for practical needs.
Click here for Small Groups classes.
Still looking for something else to do with your church family during the week? Our church is full of ministry opportunities. Check out our ministries to find out where you can plug in.
Click here for upcoming events.
Feel free to shoot us an email or give us a call with any additional questions that you might have.